The distances between the major day trip destinations in Vorarlberg and around Lake Constance are short.
- Bregenz: The capital of Vorarlberg is located at the Lake of Constance.
The "Kunsthaus" Bregenz with three exhibition floors offers exhibitions of international contemporary artists. The "Festspielhaus" is cultural and conference centre in Bregenz.
The floating stage of the Bregenz Festival is worth a visit as well as the historical centre (Oberstadt).
- Dornbirn: Vorarlberg´s largest city (45.000 inhabitants)
Inatura (interactive nature museum) and the Rolls-Royce-Museum are worth a visit.
- Rankweil: Basilica
- Feldkirch: Medieval town with the "Schattenburg Castle"
- Montafon:Silvretta-High Alpine Road and Biosphärenpark Großes Walsertal (biosphere region)
- Lindau: picturesque little town on an island
- Friedrichshafen: Zeppelin Museum
- Meersburg: medieval wine town
- Blumeninsel Mainau: flower island
- Kloster Birnau: monastery
- Konstanz: historical city (Council of Constance)
- Insel Reichenau: romantic cathedrals (UNESCO World Heritage)
- St. Gallen (CH): Monastery and library (UNESCO World Heritage)
- Kloster Einsiedeln (CH): Monastery
- Vaduz (FL): Capital of Liechtenstein, art museum